Ramblings and Purgings

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Birthday Gal...That's me!

Well, at 7.30pm tonight I will be officially 26!
Yikes, what happened? I can still remember my primary school years a bit too well...I can't be heading towards the big 3-0...
Still, I can't complain :-)
This morning I was woken by Oyvind singing me 'Happy Birthday' in a nice croaky voice, hehehe. From him I got:
- a new DKNY watch (Which needs to be refitted because my wrists are stupid)
- a copy of Amelie on DVD (a movie I have been meaning to buy for like 3 years!)
- a 12-month subscription to "Good Medicine" magazine which is one of my favourite mags around as it is full of useful health information.

I have, so far as at midday, been sung "happy Birthday" five times. Have had a strawberry mousse cake cut at work and am on my way to lunch with my sister at the David Jones food court which is full of yummy and tempting dishes. (The David Jones food court is like the M&S food court in England I think).

Tonight, I am having dinner with my family at my favourite Greek restaurant "Kouzina Greco"and my mum is bringing my favourite cake of all time. A lovely South American creation from "La Torre" cakes in Fairfield which consists of (from top to bottom):
- A layer of sponge
- A layer of caramel
- A layer of sponge
- A layer of fruit
- A layer f sponge
- A layer of crushed meringue
All encased in soft meringue icing that is caramelised using a blowtorch, much like Creme Brulee....

Decadent? I know
Loving every minute? You bet!

2 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy every minute/bite.

    By Blogger amylou, at 6:34 pm  

  • Hi Amy,
    Thanks for the birthday wishes :-)
    Had a great time/feed.

    By Blogger Pusekatt, at 5:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home