Ramblings and Purgings

Thursday, January 06, 2005

On travel and the Da Vinci Code

Ok, so I started reading "The Da Vinci Code" on Monday night and i finished the book last night...yep, it took me 3 days to finish it. It was a very easy read and quite enjoyable. At times very 'incredible' but if you let yourself go in for the ride, well, it is a lot of fun. The thing that it made me want to do was travel through France and the UK. *sigh* I know, I just got back from holidays but I think it is an addiction.

Speaking of travel...
Went to the local Flight Centre office to enquire about honeymoon packages for me and my boy. We initially looked at Thailand but do not think it appropriate any longer. Instead, we have decided to go to Fiji!

From the initial quote she gave me, it looks like a really good price and within our budget. Oh I love it when things go right for me :-)

Also, tomorrow is my friend Martin's birthday. We are going to a vegetarian restaurant in Darlinghurst called Govindas, which in addition to good food also has a movie room where you can lie on comfy cushions and let yourself digest the meal. Tomorrow night they will be showing "Hero" - a film I have already seen but which I really loved.

Anyway, Martin reminded me that he works for a ladies' shoe store so for my wedding shoes I am to go to him. He will give me a 40% discount! Ooooh yeah!

And finally. One of my work colleagues came in yesterday to inform us that his son's girlfriend is selling her car (which is registered for the next 12 months) for $1000 and was anyone interested? Now, Oyvind and i have been thinking of getting a car ASAP (that is, before his family arrives in OZ) but with the wedding and all, it is a big expense. Naturally, this was heaven-sent. I asked my colleague to find out the car's year of make and that we would talk tomorrow. Oooh I hope it is a decent car!

3 Comments:

  • There's a Govindas in Copenhagen and one in a town close to me in Sweden. They are also vegetarian but the one I've been to definitely did not have a movie/digestion room. Vegetarian food followed by lazy movie-watching? That sounds like my dream evening.

    When is the wedding?

    By Blogger amylou, at 5:22 pm  

  • I've wanted to go NO WHERE ELSE but Fiji since Return to the Blue Lagoon came out. It was taped there, ya know? And I even wrote a report on it (Fiji not the movie) in the 8th grade. I'M SO JEALOUS!! Have fun!

    By Blogger Jessie_dc22, at 10:03 am  

  • Amy,
    The wedding is April 2nd. And that is so cool that there are other Govindas around the world and especially Scandinavia...wonder if Norway has one too?
    And I will be sure to write a review of the evening next week. Everyone has warned me that because you have to take your shoes off it tends to get a bit stinky but I am already armed with my perfume atomizer! :-)

    Jessie,
    Ok, now you are really going to hate me...I am planning for us to do a bit of island hopping that includes the location used in the "Blue Lagoon" movies...I promise to write/post pictures on it if it happens. It looks like paradise!

    By Blogger Pusekatt, at 10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home