Ramblings and Purgings

Friday, January 07, 2005

Belated Christmas presents!

If there is one thing I love, it is getting unexpected presents :-)
My poor Oyvind tries to keep secrets and surprises when it comes to presents but a good poker face he does not have, therefore I always guess things.
However, today Oyvind went t the post office to pick up a parcel and it turned out to be presents for us from Norway!!!
Also, there were some goodies attached such as coffee and licorice (definitely for Oyvind as I am NOT into licorice or coffee very much) and rekeost for me!!!
For those who don't know, Rekeost is, quite literally, prawn (shrimp) cheese. It is basically a spread that comes in a tube and tastes great on some nice home-made bread such as the one Randi (my future mother-in-law) makes.
Apparently, the family had also tried to send Baconost (I think you can guess what this is) but Australian Quarantine did not let it go through...oh well, I shall enjoy my rekeost tomorrow morning with a nice piece of bread. Mmmmm

On another front, Oyvind and I will try to book our honeymoon tomorrow as well as start our wedding registry...gulp! I hope it does not take ages.
Last night I ducked into House for a little while and I was salivating - they had some great stuff, including a Creme Brulee set complete with blowtorch and ramekins. In addition, they had lovely stainless steel mixing bowls and this awesome measuring spoon that was adjustable so you could use it to measure from 1/2 a teaspoon to 1 tablespoon. Wow!

PS. Creme Brulee is my favourite dessert and I have no idea how to make it.

PPS. Here is the only image I could find of Rekeost...I could not help but smile, how fitting!

Rekeost

2 Comments:

  • Mmm Rekeost. Sounds... interesting? Personally, I feel you can never go wrong with cheese. Also, you can never go wrong with surprise international gifts!

    Good luck with honeymoon bookings and registry. Both sound like pretty fun arrangements to be making!!!

    By Blogger Franky, at 12:13 pm  

  • Oh, they have that stuff in Sweden and I shudder everytime I see it. The more popular version there has caviar. Enjoy the cheese!

    By the way, I have one of those teaspoons and a tablespoon. They're great!

    By Blogger amylou, at 1:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home