Ramblings and Purgings

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Where have I been?

Just looked at the date - it has been 5 days since I wrote!
Where have I been? Well, here's the lowdown.

Saturday - work and wrapping up the last bits of training. Getting quite nervous because realised that I had not trained in almost 2 years - did I still have the touch?
Saturday night - went to a Serbian restaurant for dinner. Too much food but very yummy. This restaurant is called "The Village Restaurant" and is located in Double Bay, a very swanky suburb of Sydney. Yes, lots of very rich people live there. Actually, being there it felt like I was in another world. Had to go back home to the ghetto that evening though ;-)

Sunday - slept in for the first time in yonks! It was great to wake up, eat and then go back to sleep. Went to my mum's friend's place for dinner where we ate lovely pupusas. Traditional Salvadorean food which are like tortillas (made of maize flour) and filled with either refried beans, cheese or ground pork crackling, or mixed. They are soooo good! They are served with pickled cabbage, onions and carrots (Curtido) and salsa.


Yum-o Posted by Hello

Had such a great time reminiscing about El Salvador and I am in disbelief that I will be there again in just a little over 3 weeks :-)

Monday to Wednesday: Training of our new call centre staff. Have had a great time but had forgotten how tiring training can be. Maintaining everyone's spirits high is not easy.

Tomorrow, Thursday, I get a little break from training. However Friday is back to training again. Next week will be full of systems' training. JOY! And by the end of next week I have 2 weeks left until I go on holidays - and boy do I need it!

6 Comments:

  • Note to self: do not read about pupusas while suffering from the "it's 11:30 am and I want to eat lunch" blues. They sound and look great.

    By Blogger amylou, at 7:30 pm  

  • today i will post pictures of the fruit and vegetable market in PR It might bring back some memories

    By Blogger Conde Tenor, at 10:36 am  

  • Hey Amylou,
    Whilst in El Salvador I hope to gorge myself on pupusas!
    The great thing about this food is that it caters to all, especially vegetarians :-) I will post a recipe later today. It may be a bit hard to find the flour (masa as it is called) but if you do, they are dead easy to make. Usually 3 are enough to make you feel quite satisfied. More shortly...

    PS The meal you put on for your anniversary looked fantastic, really wanted to book myself a ticket to Sweden to try some!

    By Blogger Pusekatt, at 10:37 am  

  • Who's been a very busy girl??? Mmm it sounds like you have been eating some good food! And serbian?? Please describe :-)

    By Blogger pipstar, at 10:40 am  

  • Ooooh, those pupusas do sound delicious! What were yours filled with? Do tell.

    By Blogger Molly, at 2:41 pm  

  • Molly, My pupusas were filled with cheese...the best is when the cheese breaks out of the tortilla and melts on the hot pan...you get this crispy cheese that is just divine....ooooh yum!

    Pipstar, serbian food: best way to describe is a cross between Greek and German, yup got the rissoles and vine leaves and cabbage. Tasty, hearty and delicious. Huge servings too!

    Conde, where did you get that photo? It does bring back some happy memories indeed!

    By Blogger Pusekatt, at 1:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home