Ramblings and Purgings

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Salvadorean Women


Consuelo Posted by Hello

The Little Prince is one of my favourite books of all time. I love its simplicity and it is a story that never fails to move me. Imagine my surprise then, to find out that Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's wife was born in El Salvador! Not only that but she was also the inspiration for The Rose, an important character in the book.
Consuelo Suncin met Antione in Buenos Aires in 1930, she was already twice widowed. Theirs was a passionate and turbulent marriage that was terminated when Antoine's plane disappeared in 1944.

A year after his disappearance, Consuelo wrote the book "The Tale of the Rose : The Love Story Behind The Little Prince" It was not published until 2000. I have not yet read it but I am sure it would be an intriguing story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home