Ramblings and Purgings

Monday, October 18, 2004

Ahhhh...Arnica

It is another Monday in Sydney.
Not that it makes a difference to me - I had no weekend to speak of really.
When I came into work this morning I did not feel so great. I was very sleepy and my shoulders and neck were killing me.
That's what happens when you don't have much of a weekend, are overworked and full of stress...However, I do get to work with some cool people, so it is not all bad :-)
In fact, one of my colleagues suggested I use some 'Arnica' to treat my aching neck and shoulders. Normally I use dencorub, but it is just too stinky to wear out. At night, the toxic fumes put me to sleep so it is not so bad.

So, at lunch I went for a walk in search of 'Arnica'. Found it at a health food shop, and here it is...

Ahhhh...Arnica Posted by Hello

Turns out that Arnica is "also commonly called leopard's bane. The arnica plant has a bright yellow, daisy-like flower that blooms around July. Preparations made from the flowering heads have been used in homeopathic medicine for hundreds of years. It is popular in Germany and over 100 drug preparations are made from the plant. Arnica is a perennial that is protected in parts of Europe. The active components in arnica are sesquiterpene lactones, which are known to reduce inflammation and decrease pain."
Source: http://www.kcweb.com/herb/arnica.htm

The important this is though - it seems to be working and has virtually no smell. Ahhh, I am happy as a clam. Now, if only I could find a cream/ ointment to complete the creation of my training course...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home