Ramblings and Purgings

Monday, September 13, 2004

Sunday Babyshower


Babies... Posted by Hello
Ok, so I started to feel a little old yesterday.

I went to my cousin's baby shower and there were people there aking me when my turn would be, etc etc. What?!

I do not think I am old enough to have a baby right now. I really would like my bub, when he/she comes along, to have a mother they can look up to. Not infallibale or perfect, but someone with a little more life experience. I guess when you are a kid you think your mum or dad are the most perfect beings on earth but then one day you get rudely awakened and realise that they are as human as you are. Nevertheless, that day does not usually come until you are at least 6 or 7 years old!

I avoided answering that question by saying that I am waiting for my older sister to have her babies before I start thinking of having my own. Besides, I want to spoil my nieces/nephews lots before I have my own kids. That settled things down a bit, but it did make me think - I guess there are people out there who look at me and think that I am a 'mature' young lady ready to take on the greatest job in the world - motherhood.

Oh, little do they know. I still freak out when parents in shopping centres refer to me as 'the lady' when speaking to their kids. I still remember high school a little too well and swear that I am not that old, hehehe :-)

2 Comments:

  • Hehe i know exactly what you mean -except i get the question "when are you getting married" How about "when I'm damn ready as a reply" :-)

    By Blogger pipstar, at 3:19 pm  

  • Speaking of marriage, when are you geting married?
    That biological clock is ticking you know ;-)
    JOKE!

    By Blogger Pusekatt, at 11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home