Ramblings and Purgings

Monday, September 20, 2004

The Cello

Gatillo and I were watching 'The Pianist' last week and we both thought that this is a very good film. The music is beautiful and there is one scene in the film where one of the supporting characters is playing the cello. The piece she is playing, I later found out, is "Cello Suite No.1 in G, BWV1007: I. Prelude" by Bach.
This piece is so beautiful! I have heard it many times before but I don't know, this time it struck a chord (excuse the pun).
This weekend I looked at a few music shops for the Jacqueline du Pre recording of this piece "The Early BBC Recordings 1961-1965 ~ Bach, Britten, Brahms, Couperin, Falla, Handel / Kovacevich, Lush, Pleeth".

Ivonne's most wanted Posted by Hello
No luck though :-(
I'll keep looking and hope I get lucky in not too long...

2 Comments:

  • Yes, I loved 'The Pianist'. I've watched it twice now, and although I must admit that the first time I watched I thought it was going to be "just another american movie about the Jews in WWII", I've found it to be quite a story. It's a very violent movie, but in a passive kind of way, if that's possible. Anyway, I don't really like dishing out my opinion on movies because - like any other art form - people's opinions are eventually their own and subject to their own knowledge, feelings, and experience.

    ..oh, but the Bach Cello Suite is rather beautiful.

    By Blogger dogspeed, at 10:12 am  

  • oh I also love the pianist *makes mental note to watch it again soon!*

    By Blogger pipstar, at 10:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home