Ramblings and Purgings

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Athletes' Parade

Well, one of the advantages of working in the city is being close to the action. This is also one of its disadvantages but I am feeling positive today, so...

Anyway, today in about 1 hour, Australia's most successful team of Olympians will be parading down George Street.

As a sports nut, I am sure I will enjoy this greatly. I do love Australia's love of sports and think this is a great idea, but at times it can go a bit overboard and there are some athletes that get more respect than say scientists and philanthropists.

It is a curious thing about Australia's culture but I don't let it bother me too much. Pride for your country can take many shapes and forms - this is just another way.

Hmmm, maybe I'll get kiss from a cute swimmer ;-)

1 Comments:

  • Any kissing action we should be aware of??

    I agree with the amount of attention that our athletes get (don't even get me started on the amount of funding). Ah well like you said, pride and nationalism takes all forms!

    By Blogger pipstar, at 2:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home