Ramblings and Purgings

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Beauty

Today I started to remember a couple of books I read a while back which I would love to read again. I generally do not read books more than once, particularly if these books have had a positive impact on my life and also if I liked them a lot. For me the decision to rate a book, movie or CD as good or bad, largely depeds on my mood at the time that I read it, saw it or heard it. It is amazing that I am still able to listen to albums that I have owned for years and somehow fall in love with a totally obscure song within it. Movies are the same, and books as well.
Nevertheless, there are books, albums and movies that for me, stand the test of time. If such items are able to transcend my moods, then these become favourites and are rated highly.

An example of an album would be 'Crash' by Dave Matthews Band. An album that is musically and lyrically awesome.

An example of a movie would be the entire "Lord of The Rings" trilogy. I must say that those movies have spoiled me greatly!

An example of a book would be "The Little Prince" - a book that always hits home.

Just recently I read "Veronika decides to die" by Paulo Coelho for the 2nd or 3rd time. I still find this book very good and enjoyable.

And today, I was trying to remember the author of this book I borrowed from a friend a couple of years ago - it was titled "Beauty". Eventually i found it listed on Amazon. Its author is Sheri S Tepper. At the time that I read this book I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommended it to a few friends. I wonder if I still feel the same way...

Similarly, when I make my journey back to the country of my birth in around 3 months I wonder what every thing will be like to me. Now I have almost 17 years of living a life in a new country that I love and revere - what will I think?
I am sure that everything will seem so small and crowded in comparison to my new home but will I hate it? Will I fall in love again?

There are so many things I struggle to remember and some that are deeply and lucidly embedded in my heart and my mind. How will I cope? What will I do?

I cannot even begin to guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home