Ramblings and Purgings

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

And the Games are under way

It seems like only yesterday that the Olympic Games were being held in Sydney. I can't believe that 4 years have already passed and Thorpe and co are at it again.

This time 4 years ago I was about to finish my contract with The Olympic Store. That was a really good experience on so many levels - but primarily the ability to take part in such an event beyond the role of a mere spectator. I remember meeting quite a few athletes, who could always be spotted very quickly, and having very nice experiences as a result. I remember that all the athletes I met had the most healthy appearance - usually tanned and toned and focused.
Now, I have a 'serious' job where I no longer get to rub shoulders with athletes but this is not exactly a bad thing.

Some days, I feel as if I have life experience beyond my years but there are other days when a little trigger reminds me that I have so much to learn and discover...

I do hope that these Games are safe and happy ones for all. When the news constantly bombard us with images of death and destruction, injustice and hate - images of triumph, reward and glory make a welcome change.

Citius, Altius, Fortius

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home